Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Welcome

Since this is the first time I have ever created a post in a Blog and considering that it is my Blog (just created) I only wanted to say hi to anyone who might stumble into my area.

I have been looking through Blog sites today for the first time and it surprises me (not really I suppose) how many are spouting the same messages using the same references - all related to "How To" business messages. Also, the how to get or build your wealth. I found a few that focused non business, money or politics. I was impressed with those.

I must admit though that being my first day blogging, the percentage of sites I touched on in relation to all sites can be compared to reviewing the first word in the bible in relation to the rest of book.

For my first input into the world of bloggers I will offer the following words. In life you are told over and over in many different ways that the road to happiness is a university degree, MBA, job making at least 80,000/yr, a 401K fully funded each year, buying realestate and building that portfolio. This path it is assumed will take you to a place where only wealthy people play. You may have to work 20 hours a day, hopefully in a startup run by a guy like Bill Gates, beg for more and more options at each yearly review and tell you wife and boys that no, vacation will have to wait, or no I can't coach your team this year you see because work is really crazy again my young boy.

When you do get together with friends or family (much more rare) talk of investments who has what or is doing this with that and how is your company doing this year is always the themes that prevail. All this may be the right path to follow, but it seems to me there is something missing.

I will offer what I now believe is another path to take in my next post.

I hope someone stumbles into my new blog, but if not it was fun to try.

--j

1 comment:

Ray said...

Hey Jim. Great first post. I'm interested in exploring new ideas about happiness, too. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what my goals should be for 2007 and I'm thinking I should focus on being happier. This is such an elusive state for so many of us today. I'll check back for your next post.